This year, in April, I went to the Tallinn Handicraft Fair and I was very satisfied with it.
If you would ever go to a fair, then here are some tips to get the most positive outcome:
- Think early what makes you so different from the others and start preparing some more creative samples to hear the feedback. Even a packaging makes a big difference.
- Buy the space, so you would have…space!
- Invest in the interior. It’s a one-off investement, but could be used for years. Trust me, it works. For example I sold a product, just because my client liked my hanger.
- Prepare businesscards and flyers, so you can as well upsell your e-shop, social media or your website. You’ll never know when they would like to contact you later.
- Leave an open notebook for notes, kind wishes, feedback or contact details. It can be later on used as a souvenire for yourself.
- Most of all – be positive! It can seem from time to time a bit hard, but being positive is a magnet.
I haven’t made any plans for this autumn or winter, but if I’ll take part in any fairs I’ll let you know! 🙂